Monday, May 20, 2019

I had a dream last night!

I had a dream last night,
When you sat across the table,
And we talked about,
Of our heartbreaks and crushes,
That scar I got when I was a kid,
And your mischiefs of childhood,
How I write my best poems after a cup of coffee,
And that hilarious story when you drank too much,
How you love to keep a schedule,
And I love to be spontaneous every now and then,
Of your office stories which never made sense,
And I still laughed,
How you let me ruffle your hair which no one can touch,
And you pulling my hair back when I can’t stop talking,
Those nights of stargazing,
And how I could keep staring endlessly at the moon,
Of our first kiss on the sidewalk,
When you grabbed me by the waist,
Of the night spent on the rooftop,
When we welcomed the sun in the morning,
Of that second date of ours,
When the candle glimmered at your face,
And that night when we met after months,
When I brought you out to dance in the rain,
Only to be pulled back by you,
So I don’t catch a nasty cold,
How you never brought me flowers,
Yet kept our love budding,
Of your habit of forgetting,
And my memories that never fade away,
Of how you keep reading my thoughts,
And I can interpret your silence,
Of everything I can’t remember,
And all the things that I can’t forget.

Arushi Srivastava


No comments:

Post a Comment