Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Since I Love The Old School Things...



I am a fan of all old school things.

From the scent of rains during the first monsoon shower to the yellowed pages of a Shakespeare play that I read in school.

From the mundane perusal of the morning newspaper to hopelessly staring at the moon when night falls.

From long drives on roads unknown to all but Google Maps to taking out my Activa at home to drive on lanes that I know by heart.

From romanticizing the perpetual sunsets to falling in love with the drifting shapes of clouds.

From making clouds out of breath on a foggy winter morning to cherishing the droplets of water hitting the face from the old cooler in summer.

From capturing the aroma of coffee in a café by myself to humdrum conversations over a dinner with loved ones.

From watching my favourite movie again and again to listening to Coldplay on the loop.

From helping my mother out in the kitchen cooking the delicious Chicken Curry to jamming with my father to the tunes of Kishore and Rafi.

From watching the highlights of Tendulkar or Dhoni score a great knock with my brother to visiting the same corridors of Connaught Place with my best friend.

From not seeing a movie adaptation before I read the book to watching a FRIENDS episode losing the count of times of watching it before.

From watching the waterfalls make a rainbow of seven colours to idyllic landscapes of verdant valleys colourful houses.

From talking about life for endless hours to making castles out of air over an unseen future.

From discussing the same fan theories about GOT to going back to the comics when a new superhero movie comes out.

From the withered flower petals kept in my old diary to the broken watch once given as a gift.

From all the glittering stars in the sky to these Victorian lights I come across walking the street.

I am just a fan of all old school things.


No comments:

Post a Comment