Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Discord of If and But

If there was an escape to all this,
Gladly will I choose,
But what will it beckon?

If I could make it all go away,
I would leave the reins,
But what will it bring in my hands?

If there was a world,
Where I hold you till forever,
But how will I make it stay?

If I knew how forlorn it would be,
After my fruitless quest,
But can I change what I asked for?

If I had stayed where I was,
While the world moved it's pace,
But then how would I have known you?

If you had come earlier,
I would have lived more,
But how would I have so easily let you go?

If I still continue to persist,
I may reach somewhere,
But will it be the same?

If I again stumble and rise,
A trajectory may present itself,
But what will I do when all I am is lost?

If I knew these answers,
My misery would end,
But aren't new questions always ready?

Arushi Srivastava


No comments:

Post a Comment